Saturday, September 20, 2008

Time To Start!

Yes, it's time to dust off the needles and start stitching. Remember, ALL kinds of needlework are allowed here, so be creative and go outside your box. Remember too, though, that this is a gift and you put your best work into gifts. I am changing a rule or two as I take over. I discussed this with Simone, and she said to go ahead.

First, to participate, you need to send your name, address, and email address to me at losthermarbles at gmail.com. If I don't get it by October 15th, you can't participate. I'm going to be a bit stringent about that - I'll be out of town and then out of commission until the first week of November after that date.

Second, if you've already participated, you have a choice to make! You can either be paired with someone specific OR mail your ornament to me and be surprised by who it will go to. If you have never participated before, you MUST mail your ornament to me with a return envelope. I will pay postage to get an ornament to you. This is to prevent problems with things not showing up on time or at the right place. I want to make certain that everyone who sends an ornament receives one. Period. If you do not live up to your obligation to send one, you will be blacklisted unless you can convince me that you had a problem AND you tell me before the mailing date. If you're not going to be able to mail it on time, you should know the day before. Mailing date for this exchange is November 20th.

I'm probably going to seem more strict to you than Simone was. If I am, blame me and not her! She did this hard work through three exchanges and deserves a break and a hearty thank you.

If you want this group to grow, add the link to your blogs or mention the exchange on your blogs. Maybe someone new will read it and be interested.

So lets have some fun and start stitching!

Meg

6 comments:

Elza said...

I have sebd you a mail.
Greetings Elza.

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hi Meg,
First I've heard of the exchange and am going to join. Sounds like fun. I can understand previous frustrations so thank you for keeping the blog going. Where do I send my name, address, etc?
Frontrangestitcher

Meg said...

You send them to me! I put my email in this post with some spaces in it so I wouldn't get spammed. Anyway, just do that. Thanks for deciding to join in.

Unknown said...

Meg, can you plz email me

rebecca_26_2005@yahoo.com

Becca

IrisLady said...

Please add me to the list. I have sent you an email also. I am up in the air about blind or specific. Give me a few days to decide.
shirlee

Margaret said...

Hi, I have just send an e-mail, requesting to join this exchange. It sounds like a lot of fun!

-Margaret C.